What makes apnscp so charming? What gives apnscp its personality? What makes apnscp so damn unique? A hefty laundry list of features
are what separate us from our competitors. But don't take our word for it - experience the difference by
logging into the demo account.
- Smart jails
- All CGI and FastCGI scripts are jailed to an account. Unlike normal shared hosting, CGI and FastCGI are masked from
other sites giving the feel and security of a VPS without the added costs or managerial woes.
- Exclusive lockdowns in vulernable sections of PHP code prevent a security hole from turning into an
widespread compromise. Attackers only make it as far as injecting arbitrary code; execution never occurs.
- Jailed FTP access
- Need to host another domain for a friend? Don't want to give him access to the entire site?
Jail his FTP account with one simple line.
- Secure PHP without the hassle of safe mode
- Along with our tarpits, PHP access obeys base directory restrictions preventing unwanted access to other parts of the filesystem.
- user+extension e-mail addresses
- Signing up for a new service and want to make sure you know how they solicit your information? Use a throwaway address like
email@example.com as your e-mail address when signing up for something on craigslist.org,
even if it doesn't exist in the control panel!
- Flexible, intelligent e-mail filtering
- We utilize a collection of SPF, DomainKeys, and DNSBL checks on the mail server before accepting messages. All of these initiatives are aimed at
curtailing the amount of spam that flows through. Only a mere 5% of e-mail trickles past our first line of defense. The second line? Adaptive
and always up-to-date filtering provided through SpamAssassin. Unlike other providers, we
regularly update our rules every Sunday night to keep
current with the latest trends in spam.
- Easy filtering with maildrop
Have you ever used procmail? You know how aggravating its cryptic syntax can be.
Thank goodness for the ease of maildrop! Recipes are simple, straightforward, and even
support powerful Perl-compatible regular expressions.
Control Panel Flexibility
- Robust file management
- Seamlessly manage and delete your files from the desktop with our WebDisk service. Just download a script
and go. Even better, you may manage other users' files too! Need to upload a compressed file? Our File Manager
supports decompression on-the-fly! Upload your zip archive, then open up the archive in the File Manager. Extract and done.
- Automated database backups
- We know how important database information can be. This is why we provide customers with options to automatically backup and rotate
MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Host unlimited domains
- Need to park a few domains? How about transfer those parked domains into full-blown hosting accounts? Our Multiple Domain Manager
does both without nickel and diming you every time! There are no limits on the number of domains that you may host, besides your disk space and bandwidth, but those may be
- Reserved port ranges
- Every account receives 10 ports in the [4xxx0,4xxx9] range to run their own lightweight services, such as Mongrel or svnserve.
- Localized Ruby, Python
Ruby, installable via Language Options in the control panel and
custom Python builds reside under
within your own jailed filesystem. Our exclusive system allows for Ruby and Python to operate indepedently from every other account.
- Easy package management with PEAR and RubyForge
- Need to install something off PEAR, but lack shell access? Want to run your next killer app, but can't install RedCloth? Just use
the Package Manager to install the latest packages.
- Full ACL support
- Access control lists provide a granular set of permissions for users outside conventional group access.
Want to grant access to sally, but not bob? You need an ACL to do this! Have a Subversion repository setup with multiple users authenticating
via svn+ssh? Each user needs write access to the repository, but you would like to mandate access to only a select set of users. Once again
ACLs are your solution.
- On-demand computing
- Each server has two CPUs to allow for demand-based computing. During non-peak hours, the secondary processor is turned off to
minimize unnecessary power consumption. CPUs are turned back online during peak hours to continue high performance hosting.
- Finite capacity planning
- All servers are privately owned by Apis Networks, there is no need to pay the premium on leased consumer PCs. Owning our hardware
allows us to reduce costs and thus lower our breakeven point. Servers are always capped below 50% usage to allow for extraordinary
circumstances like landing on the front page of Digg or Slashdot. We feel that you deserve exposure and your peers deserve peace of mind
that their sites will continue to remain responsive.
- Cache-centric architecture
- After years of trial and error in developing the right server blend, we realized how overused RAM was on our servers. We set out
to trim the fat and double the RAM to 16 GB minimum on all of our servers. Downsizing Web server configurations and
implementing efficient, dynamic subdomains by
leveraging filesystem caches further allowed us to allocate gobs of RAM to MySQL and APC for
caching purposes. The end result? Try serving 1,000+ MySQL queries, 350+ PHP-based pages, and 50+ e-mails per second while maintaining a load
below 50%. Exploiting a computer's fastest storage medium, RAM, is how we lead in performance.
- 5 second Apache restarts, 3 minute server reboots
- Shared hosting requires tremendous amounts of planning, something apsnscp esprit's forebearer, Ensim, didn't take into account. We
rewrote Web server configuration generation to take a highly customizable, modularized configuration and collapse it into a monolithic
configuration file. By moving towards a single configuration file, we avoided the overhead of 5 files per site.
Host 200 sites on a server? 1,000 files opened before Apache can restart. Host 400 sites? 2,000 files and an appreciable
hang before the Web server resumes serving pages. We only rebuild configuration files when necessary. By
avoiding costly overhead we can ensure rapid reboots and Web server restarts without interfering with your site!
Still on the fence with what makes Apis bulletproof?
Drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your questions!
13 year anniversary! Celebrate with us and save 35% on web hosting!
use promo code "13YEAR" at checkout